The residence was built in 1848 by William Miller, a Dundas lawyer and judge for the nearby county of Waterloo. Ten years later it was sold to the Osler family, and became the childhood home of Sir William Osler, a man who went on to be a world-famous physician and “the father of modern medicine”.
This exquisite Georgian-style house, which offers the romance of a distant and gracious time, has been lovingly restored, blending 21st century convenience and technology with 19th century charm and elegance. Guests are treated to the refined level of hospitality practiced in the aristocratic homes of the Victorian era: warm, personal and welcoming.
2015 Winner of the TripAdvisor “Certificate of Excellence”
Rated one of the “10 Best B&Bs in Ontario” by Cottage Life Magazine
2013 Winner of the Hamilton “Heritage Property Conservation Award”
“Redefining Elegance” The Hamilton Spectator
“Your very personal service - always with a smile - was vital in making this visit such a success” Ambassador to the Netherlands regarding Princess Margriet's stay at Osler House